Social Icons

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pelicans, polka-dots and yachts!

Dress - courtesy of Blue Velvet Vintage
Shoes - Novo
February has been a bit of a wild month, lots of rain and gale winds - and we have been told there's more to come with a cyclone brewing along the coast. Today however was a perfect beach day, the sun was almost out and the water was so warm - but also full of jellyfish, lots of jellyfish. In fact, if you look carefully at the fifth photo, that blue lump near my feet is one of the many that had been washed ashore. I have no idea what's been going on this summer but swimming has been a bit risky with all of the jellyfish floating around!

A few weeks ago the lovely folks at Blue Velvet Vintage offered me the chance to review one of their dresses, and let me just say that I had to think long and hard because they have so many beautiful things! Blue Velvet Vintage has a great selection of vintage reproduction brands as well as authentic vintage pieces. This adorable polka dot halterneck is actually one of their own designs from their house brand Classic Dame and known as the 'Starlet' halter swing dress. The Classic Dame dresses are all made in the USA and each one is made in a limited amount to ensure quality control.

I was most impressed with this dress! The fabric is a lovely mid weight cotton and was extremely comfortable to wear all day, and the sturdy metal zip at the back made getting in out of the dress nice and easy. My favorite thing about this dress however is how incredibly flatting it is, I felt absolutely fabulous wearing it and got compliments on the dress all day long!

18 comments:

  1. Great post...the photos are beautiful as a painting and You look like the most charming & gorgeous Pi-up ever! lovely blend of colours and the dress make shining Your stunning Silhouette and Beauty...cheers!
    ciao,best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope this rain that is coming, doesn't cause major flooding like a few years back! As I want to go away this weekend and traveling on roads/highways is not a very good idea, if they're is flooding/heavy rain involved! Just have to wait and see.
    I love your dress and your photos, so beautiful once again! :)
    http://cherrymilla82.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning Harlow!!! That dress is perfection on you! Love the styling with the touches of red too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking absolutely lovely! Blue Velvet Vintage clearly has beautiful pieces!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so gorgeous, the colours complement you so well and I love the full skirt and patterns!!

    Emma xo // Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG i love that dress and I love how you pair it with colorful parasol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dress to add to your collection. Looks very sweet with the red accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the dress looks amazing on you:-) and the photos are beautiful, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is just beautiful and really is flattering! It looks very stunning paired with the red shoes and umbrella. My goodness they really do have such lovely things. And good luck with the weather! It's been pretty windy down here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress, it looks great on you! I just love blue and white polka dots xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so immensely lovely, dear gal! I love this dress, both on you and in general. Blue Velvet Vintage's offerings are the best! I have one of their Classsic Dame frocks (also received as review product) and love it to bits. It was my Christmas 2013 dress and we did a shoot in near -10C weather outside at night with it, while I tried mighty hard not to get frostbitten arms! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a gorgous dress! I used to have something very simillar, but I sold it, I still regret :( You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing! That dress is such a beauty and it looks like it was made for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet... very romantic dear !
    would you like to follow each other on our blog ...?
    let me know ---> http://mcaruso930.blogspot.it/
    I wait for you, kiss!

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam/"I'll follow you if you follow me"/"look at my blog" comments.