Social Icons

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Candies & Stripes

I have just returned from the most marvellous vacation I have ever been on! For a week Hugh and I stayed at a wonderful retro 50s themed hotel right on the beach and did absolutely nothing. Other than go to the beach, nap, shop, eat ice cream and go out to wonderful dinners that is. I was in holiday mode and pretty lazy with getting photos, but I did manage to get a few outfit photos and pictures of our gorgeous hotel. There will be lots more photos in posts to come!

The vacation was a spur of the moment sort of thing. We'd stumbled upon the hotel by accident last time we were at the beach and I fell in love with the atomic style furnishings and vintage theme. So, we decided to get 2013 to a great start by going on a nice relaxing holiday before things start to get really busy. I feel that it is just what we needed to get ready for the busy year ahead!

I was very sensible and packed light, taking sun dresses like this one and halter-neck dresses to get me through the hot weather. This dress was perfect for the beach and the pockets came in handy for holding sea shells, as well as my shoes while running around the beach.

22 comments:

  1. So beautiful, so dreamy. Love your style. Really different, really suits you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your dress! The parasol makes a lovely accessory for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I absolutely love the dreamy, pastel vibe your photos bring and that dress... golly, it was honestly MADE for you <3
    x Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is soooo pretty and really flattering on you! The baby pink/blonde hair combination is perfect, and I just love the little pockets and matching belt! You look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delightful! What was the name of the hotel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harlow you pretty sweet stripey candy love! :) You are too cute! And yes i wanna know more about this hotel!?

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of holiday! Can't wait to see pictures of the hotel. You look lovely as per, the pretty pastels are great <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dreamy, warm, gloriously pretty batch of photographs! My dear, these are just the cheerful note I needed on another snow covered, grey Canadian winter morning. The light and loveliness at work here is magical!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, what a whimsical and soft look here! i adore the dress.. i just want it in my closet for summer time!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another amazing dress! You look cool as a cucumber and pretty as a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are so pretty and dreamy! Love that dress, it suits your complexion perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful weekend! I love this dress - perfect for beach weather! You always look fabulous! xx
    www.AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds like such a lovely vacation! you look gorgeous, pastels suit you

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so lovely! I love how pink this post is. That bubblegum sorbet has got my mouth watering!I can't wait to see more photo's from your holiday!
    xoxo Amie @ Spoonful of Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a great vacation. You are candy girl :), dress is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous as always! In love with the parasol, I'm looking for the same one for ages:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! The pastel combination has a great light and airy composition. Your photographs are amazing:) Glad you are having (had) such a wonderful vacation. I think I missed it but where are you? It's so gloriously warm there:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhh i love this dress, its so lovely! The pink color is my favorite color! Your blog and you are amazing! I follow you now! Pink kissesssssssssssss from Madrid!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfits are all so stunning, i want your wardrobe! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam/"I'll follow you if you follow me"/"look at my blog" comments.